Saturday, February 13, 2010

BB: Coconut Cupcakes

I nearly had butter shock when I read this recipe.

Six sticks of butter?

You're kidding me, right?


I immediately calculated a third of a recipe so I wouldn't have to be hauled away blathering about butter overload.

Even so, one third of this recipe produced 12 cupcakes and more than enough frosting. I hate to think how many the full recipe would really have made.


I used some of my unsweetened coconut stash for these, toasting the top-bound coconut to give color and added taste. My daughter, who isn't fond of coconut, did admit that she liked these. A hit! The frosting is great, too, and I'll have to remember to use it for future cupcakes.


Thanks to
Jamie of Jamie’s Green Kitchen for a delicious, non-chocolate dessert. You'll find the recipe on her blog and other renditions on the Barefoot Bloggers site.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Blathering about butter overload! That statement cracks me up.

But yes, 6 sticks is a bit excessive.

Eva said...

I had the same reaction when I realized how much butter was in it! I only cut it in half and I made 37 mini cupcakes. At least they were good though.