Friday, October 30, 2009

Alas, poor Jack

Is that a lobotomy I spy?



Why, no.


It's just a tardy
Tuesdays with Dorie delight, Cherry-Fudge Brownie Torte, chosen by April of Short + Rose.


Once again, I have used up the last drops of a liqueur from my cupboard. No more Kirsch-Wasser anymore.


Although other TWD bakers decorated their tortes more elegantly, I chose the impending holiday theme.


The mousse topping was my favorite part. Mmmmm, nice and thick.



The cherries add a nice zing to the brownie, and, frankly, you'd never know there was pepper lurking as well. I agree with the other bakers -- this is a great party dessert.

Even with two of us eating this, it is rich enough to last for awhile.

3 comments:

NKP said...

Mm, that looks tasty! I love the jack o lantern design you added!

Megan said...

Ah, poor Jack - I hope he had enough Kirsch to dull the pain of the lobotomy.

Kayte said...

This looks so cute with the jack-o-lantern face. I skipped out on this one, can't remember what my sorry excuse was, but I'm sure it was very plausible at the time, something like, Please don't make me make chocolate this week, I'm just not having that great of a week and that would not add anything to it...something along those lines...LOL. I love the look of your layers, so clean and professional.