Friday, August 28, 2009

BB: Pizza Bianca with Arugula


Well, why not make pizza on a blazing hot day? The kitchen was already super hot, so it didn't much affect the existing ambient temperature.


The second Barefoot Blogger project of the month was White Pizza with Arugula. There was goat cheese, too, but since I'm the in-charge cook, I overruled that ingredient, using feta cheese instead. We love arugula around here, so that just made the resulting pizza all that much better. Yep.


I also used Trader Joe's Quattro Formaggio for the grated cheese. It's a wonderful blend of provolone, parmesan, fontina, and asiago that I always have on hand.


My daughter thought it was a bit bland, but then she loves red sauce and goat cheese. What can I say?


I loved the acidity of the arugula salad in combination with the cheese and bread, and every now and then I got a taste of the garlic-chile oil. I'll have to add that to future pizzas -- it's a great but subtle touch.

Many thanks to Andrea of Nummy Kitchen for a tasty selection. Be sure and stop by the Barefoot Bloggers to read other opinions about this pizza and see what's coming up for September.

No comments: