Thursday, June 11, 2009

BB: Curried Couscous

The first Barefoot Blogger recipe for June was Curried Couscous, chosen by Ellyn of Recipe Collector and Tester.



Because I had all the ingredients on hand, it was quick to prepare and pretty tasty, too. I used a mild curry powder, but you can vary the heat by using different curry mixes. I also threw in some dried sour cherries along with the currants.




I served the couscous as a side dish along with sauteed chicken and zucchini. It made a nice, light dinner and the leftover couscous was gobbled down as a snack.



There are sure to be different 'takes' on this recipe, so stop by the other Barefoot Bloggers and check them out.

3 comments:

Penny said...

This is one of my favorites. Good job.

NKP said...

Dried sour cherries sound like they would be very tasty in the couscous - great thinking!

Leslie said...

Dried cherries would be so much better than the raisins! I'll have to do that next time. Yours looks yummy with the chicken and zucchini.